A new version of the best text editor in the world has been released!
Here's the complete changelog: https://www.nano-editor.org/news.php
2019 March 24 - GNU nano 4.0 "Thy Rope of Sands"
- An overlong line is no longer automatically hard-wrapped.
- Smooth scrolling (one line at a time) has become the default.
- A newline character is no longer automatically added at end of buffer.
- The line below the title bar is by default part of the editing space.
--breaklonglines (-b)turns automatic hard-wrapping back on.
--jumpyscrolling (-j)gives the chunky, half-screen scrolling.
--finalnewline (-f)brings back the automatic newline at EOF.
--emptyline (-e)leaves the line below the title bar unused.
and now do a linewise scroll instead of a findnext.
- Any number of justifications can be undone (like all other operations).
- When marked text is justified, it becomes a single, separate paragraph.
--guidestripe=<number>draws a vertical bar at the given column.
--fill=<number>no longer turns on automatic hard-wrapping.
- When a line continues offscreen, it now ends with a highlighted ">".
- The halfs of a split two-column character are shown as "[" and "]".
- A line now scrolls horizontally one column earlier.
- The bindable functions 'cutwordleft' and 'cutwordright' were renamed
- to 'chopwordleft' and 'chopwordright' as they don't use the cutbuffer.
- The paragraph-jumping functions were moved from Search to Go-to-Line.
--rebinddeleteis able to compensate for more misbindings.
--smoothare obsolete and thus ignored.
--disable-wrapping-as-rootconfigure option was removed.